Wednesday, August 30, 2006

PURRFEKT

Now that I’ve finished my summer course in Theology, and I’m beginning my fall spiritual formation class, it’s time to get back to making some entries here.

My learning contract for my class this fall is about my tendency towards perfectionism. I sure hope I do it right ;)

Seriously though, here are some questions I’d love your feedback on:

1) How has perfectionism served you?
2) What are the negative consequences you experience in your life by trying to be perfect?
3) What have you changed in this area that’s working better for you?
4) What’s the core belief of a perfectionist, especially as it relates to their relationship with God?

My goal is to become a man of simplicity, who accepts his strengths and weaknesses, and embraces his shadow of perfectionism.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

TED! You're back!

I can't answer your questions - I'm not a perfectionist. I probably need some of your perfectionism in me!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Nah. You're way too much fun the way you are. Trying to be perfect only makes you miserable!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted,
Since I perfectly handle my perfectionism, I know you will benefit from these flawlessly crafted answers to your questions.

1) It has served me very well, thank you.

2) People hate me for being perfect. Can you believe it?

3) Perfection, by definition, doth not change.

4) God? I AM God.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

"anonymous said..."

Well, can you send me an email at tmathis@qwest.net and tell me who you are? I want to meet you! I've been wanting to know God better!!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home